Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A confession, and a few ramblings...


I just updated the Whole Wheat and Oat Waffles Recipe, and added a picture as well.
I have a little confession to make... when modifying the amounts of milk the first time I made the recipe, I actually didn't measure... (should I hide now? I think I just failed my home-ec course. It was forever telling me that "You are NOT Amelia Bedelia!")....
rather I "guesstimated" if you will... I added a bit more, and I thought it equaled out to two cups. Well, I made the recipe again last week, with my modifications, and it turned out a bit runny. So I adjusted the recipe here to 1 & 3/4 cups milk... I would suggest starting with that, and if it's still too thick, add a bit more, but maybe not a whole quarter cup more. :)
Well.. anyhow.. I just wanted to let you know, so if you want to try the recipe, you are now forewarned.


As a side note, can you believe that "guesstimated" is actually in Mozilla's dictionary? What is the world coming to?

Oh, and aren't my new cappuccino cups just adorable? I love em! They look like they're straight out of a quaint European Cafe don't they? I used them to bake up some chocolate cheesecake for my birthday - they worked beautifully. I'll be posting the recipe soon, if anyone's interested.

Just one more thing - do you prefer the layout with one sidebar or two? I usually prefer two, but I'm not sure about how it looks for this one - tell me what you think!

Well, anyway, enough ramblings for now, stay tuned for some new recipes!

~Elissa

2 comments:

Bethany d said...

Ack - waffles - not my expertise. And I do not blame you or chuckle at the thought of you not using measuring cups. I believe it is the unwritten law of baking. After all, what did they do when exact measurments weren't invented. :)

Love the blog with two sidebars!

~Bethany

Martha A. said...

That makes us like Amelia Bedelia? Oh well....I learned how after making so many batches of muffins this year that I can play with the liquid and have them turn out great....i like to think instead that i am more like one of those Great depression cooks....a pinch of this and a dash of that and i use up leftover cereal, sour milk and all that and things taste good!