Thursday, June 24, 2010

Momma's Homestyle Goulash

Last night we had one of my favorite comfort foods. Mom's goulash. Of course I'm the cook now, but it will always remain Mom's goulash. We usually make enough to feed an army, so if you have a big family, you're good to go. ;) As you will see this is one of those, "a little bit of this, and a dash of that" recipes, but I've done my best to put it into a coherent recipe. Do tell me if you try it and how you like it!



Goulash

1 lb. of hamburger
Minced Onions
Onion Powder
Garlic Salt
1 large (29 oz?) can of Tomato sauce
Frozen corn to taste (I believe I put around 1 cup)
1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Half a box elbow noodles



Brown Hamburger with a generous sprinkling of Minced Onions, Onion Powder and Garlic Salt.
After the hamburger is browned, add tomato sauce, corn, Italian seasoning, and another generous sprinkling of Onion Powder and Garlic Salt. Stir thoroughly and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes or so. Meanwhile boil up about 2-3 cups elbow macaroni and have it drained and ready to put in the meat/tomato mixture. Right before you serve, add the noodles to the sauce and mix thoroughly.

Serve with garlic bread and salad. Yummy!

~Elissa

No comments: