Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer time tastyness.


Hello again everyone! Goodness, it's been awhile hasn't it!? I couldn't believe when I looked at the date of my last post how long it had been since I've been on here. We've been busy, and my blogs had to be pushed to the back burner, but life is slowing down just a bit, and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. As you can see, I've given our blog a bit of a face lift, all bright and cheery and summery! Do tell me what you think, and please, tell me if it's a bit too hard on the eyes, since you will be the ones reading the blog!! I haven't been keeping a detailed menu lately, so it will be a bit before I start with our weekly menu posts again.
Since I stopped posting, we've moved from the soups, heavy pastas, and hearty hot meals that were appearing on our menu to light and summery dishes, but still 100% delicious!




We have been thoroughly enjoying the vast array of bright fruits, veggies and melons the have appeared in the past few weeks.



One of our recent evening meals just seems to epitomize summer - Grilled chicken and bacon sandwiches with corn on the cob, watermelon, cherries and sweet iced tea. Yummy!




Keep an eye out for some yummy new recipes this week!!

~Elissa

No comments: